Savor the splendid sunshine and luxurious style of Sicily
at this exquisite historic villa located 45 minutes south of Catania. The villa sits within the vast estate of one of Sicily’s oldest noble families, nearby the village of Villasmundo, named after one of the present owner’s ancestors. This prestige is reflected in every aspect of the property, from its elegant decor to its exceptional staff and from its private chapel to its sublime gardens with a huge pool and tennis court.
The enchantment begins as soon as you drive down the estate’s long driveway and through its gorgeous grounds. Stepping inside the main villa you’ll be surrounded by graceful furnishings, antiques, family paintings and historic attributes including vaulted ceilings and Sicilian tiled floors. You can gather with your guests in the double drawing room with a large open fireplace and sample your private chef’s divine Sicilian specialties in the beautiful dining room with an enchanted tableaux of tiles and numerous gilded mirrors.
Five of the villa’s spacious bedrooms are found on the upper floor, all wonderfully appointed with stylish furniture and modern comforts. The recently refurbished bathrooms have glorious bath tubs and separate walk in showers. The three additional bedrooms are situated across the central courtyard and have lovely en-suite bathrooms. There are also 4 charming twin bedrooms and 2 bathrooms called le Camerette which are ideal for children and nannies.
The sunshine will certainly beckon you outside and the spectacular gardens offer plenty of opportunities for enjoying Sicily’s incredible weather. Awarded a prize by the foundation Grandi Giardini Italiani in 2013, the estate’s Andalusian-Arabesque garden features manicured lawns, vibrant flowers, palm trees, citrus trees, serene pools of water and gurgling fountains. The relaxing pool area is shaded by swaying palms and you can take in a few rounds of tennis on the gardens fenced court to the backdrop of Mount Etna.
San Giuliano prides itself on its highly professional and friendly staff. They are here to take care of your every need and desire at the villa. You can also explore some of the island’s culture treasures, like Siracusa, Ragusa, Noto as well as the fabulous beaches of the southern Sicily — all within easy reach of the villa.
• The villa lies within an award winning botanical garden which has evolved under the masterful leadership of British landscape designer Rachel Lamb
• More than 500 species of plants
• Swimming pool 18mt x 9mt with outdoor shower and changing room
• Tennis court
• Outdoor dining area
• Vegetable garden
• Within the estate a laboratory produces hand-made biscuits and marmalade, following old family recipes.
• Please note that the park is part of the circuit Grandi Giardini Italiani so it’s subject to occasional visits where visitors are taken on strictly guided tours
• Private chapel
• The dining room is a fabulous venue for lengthy sumptuous dinners of Sicilian cuisine provided by enchanting cooks from the large and well equipped kitchen.
• The bedrooms are all spacious and beautifully appointed and all the bathrooms have recently been restored to the very highest of standards with superb baths and separate walk in showers providing every comfort one could wish for.
• A further three double bedrooms,again with en suite bathrooms, can be found across the central courtyard.
• There are also 4 charming twin bedrooms and 2 bathrooms called le Camerette which are ideal for children and nannies.
• Wi-Fi throughout
• Welcome set of Ortigia toiletries and hairdryer in each bathroom
• Tennis court
• Hifi stereo, DVD, high def TV
• BBQ and wood oven for Pizza
• Washing machine & tumble dryer
Staff | Service included
• Daily maid service
• Cook and butler service preparing and serving breakfast, lunch & dinner (food & drinks bills paid locally)
• Grocery shopping (cost of food not included)
• Daily cleaning of swimming pool and garden
• Air-conditioning and heating
• Bed linen and towels changed twice a week. Swimming pool towels changed twice a week
Staff | Service on request
• Personal laundry
• Expert on-site concierge
• Other sandy beaches within 30/45 minutes
• Syracuse 33kms
• Known 60kms
• Ragusa 99kms
• Taormina 75 km
• Mount Etna 2 hours
• Catania airport 33 km
• Palermo airport 268 km